June Fishing Sessions: 06/10 - Multi-Species Fishing at Meadow Lake (South Philadelphia, PA)

Hello, Blog Readers! 

Today I'm bringing you folks my fishing report for June 10th:

--- June 10th, 2015 ---

Location: Meadow Lake @ FDR Park (South Philadelphia, PA)
Time: 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.

Fishes caught:

-- 2 Largemouth Bass (Micropterus salmoides)
-- 2 Black Crappie (Pomoxis nigromaculatus)
-- 1 Common Carp (Cyprinus carpio)
-- 4 Bluegill (Lepomis macrochirus)

Video:

Below are the highlights for this fishing session:

The video is divided mainly in two parts: (1) Introduction (0:00-1:10), and (2) Fishing (1:11-12:30).Don't forget to watch it in HD quality (1080p50)! If you enjoy watching my videos, please support my YouTube Channel by liking and subscribing.

Goal:

The main goal for the day was to catch some Northern Snakehead (Channa argus). However, my father and I shifted goals for Multi-Species Fishing after the first couple hours.

Setup:


My setup for this fishing session consisted of a Cortland Endurance 9' noodle rod with a Shimano Symetre 4000FL and 12lbs Berkley Vanish Fluorocarbon line. Throughout the course of the day, I used the following types of baits/lures: (1) A Zoom Fluke, Texas rigged on a 5/0 Gamakatsu hook; (2) a size #6 Eagle Claw hook with a piece of nightcrawler or Mulberry; and (3) a 1/64 oz. Trout Magnet jighead with a 1" Gulp! Alive Minnow.  


Summary:

Since my father never caught a Northern Snakehead in his life, I decided to take him down to Meadow Lake in South Philadelphia to fish for them. We started our day with Zoom Flukes on a size 5/0 wide gap Gamakatsu hook. We fished for about two hours without a single Snakehead bite; thus, we finally decided to switch to Multi-Species fishing! 

The action was considerably hot around the second and third bridges, which would be location 4 on this map. I ended up catching a few Bluegill, Largemouth Bass, and Black Crappie there. 

Soon after, I spotted a Mulberry tree hanging onto the Creek. I just couldn't resist the temptation of easily catching a Carp under it; therefore, I switched gears to Mulberry Carp fishing. Heh. I ended up landing a nice Carp on a single Mulberry! That concluded my session for the day

Photos:

Below are the photos for this fishing session:

My "Mulberry Carp" at Meadow Lake. This fish was caught on a single Mulberry. No chumming necessary. :)

My biggest Largemouth Bass of the day. This fish was caught on a piece of nightcrawler by the second bridge. 

Best of luck for all of us,

Long Days and Pleasant Nights,

Sincerely,

Leo S.

0 comments:

Post a Comment