June Fishing Sessions: 06/14-06/17 - Exploring and Fishing Lake Florence (Winter Haven, FL)

Hello, Blog Readers! 

Here is my fishing post for June 14th-17th, when I went to Florida on my honeymoon:

--- June 14th-17th ---

Location: Lake Florence (Winter Haven, Central FL)
Time: A couple hours every morning

Fishes caught:

-- 8 Sunfish (some were Bluegill, some are still not identified)
-- 3 Largemouth Bass (Micropterus salmoides)

Extra: I also landed a young American Alligator. Haha

Video:

Since this was my honeymoon, I didn't really shoot an YouTube video for my sessions down in Florida. I did shoot two videos for "Things that you don't see when you stay at home!" 

The first video was of me landing a young American Alligator (Alligator mississippiensis). I seriously wanted to take a couple photos with the critter; however, he was too terrified of the "Asian kid" to stay put. Haha. The full video is below:

The young American Alligator ate my wacky rigged Senko. Since I didn't have my proper tackle down there, it was quite the challenge to land it.

The second video was of a school of fish in south Tampa Bay. I didn't even have my tackle with me, which annoyed me profoundly... As a Multi-Species angler, I had to let go of an unique opportunity of catching a new Species of fish. The full video is below:

Tons of little fishes feeding there and I didn't have my tackle to catch even one of them. Sniff...
  
As always, don't forget to watch those videos in HD quality (1080p50)! If you enjoy watching my videos, please support my YouTube Channel by liking and subscribing.

Goal: 

Since this was my wedding celebration vacation, this trip was more of a "family trip." Thus, I didn't have any major goals. I would say that my main goal was to explore Lake Florence, which was our backyard Lake! And, of course, try to catch some different Species of fish from there. :)

Setup:

I brought down two of my reels: my Shimano Symetre 4000FL and my Shimano Sedona 500FD. My rods were all cheap $10 rods from Wal-mart (i.e. Shakespeare) and all rigs were improvised...

Summary:

For this trip, I was able to fish only for a very limited amount of time! As a matter of fact, I would say that I fished only for about five hours all combined, counting the four days that we stayed down there. Therefore, everyday I would go to the Lake for a couple minutes and try my best to catch some fish. Hah.

The coolest thing about this trip was probably the American Alligator! It was super exciting to see the little creature and I truly wanted a couple photos with it. Too bad he ran away from me! 

Besides the Alligator, I caught a few Largemouth Bass on Senkos during sunrise and plenty of weird Sunfish after it! I still haven't identified some of them; thus, if you are able to identify them, please send me an e-mail with the IDs at sheng12182527@gmail.com.

Photos:

Below are the photos for my wedding celebration trip:


Looks like a Bluegill to me; however, I am still not sure of it! If you think that this may be something different, please e-mail me at sheng12182527@gmail.com

I have no idea what Species of fish is this. It was caught in Lake Florence, Winter Haven, FL. If you think you can help me with the ID, please send an e-mail to sheng12182527@gmail.com

Once again -- looks like a Bluegill to me; however, I am still not sure of it! If you think that this may be something different, please e-mail me at sheng12182527@gmail.com

Same fish above, but different angle. :)

This was the only Sunnie that I could properly identify -- a Coopernose strain Bluegill! Haha. Beautiful one.

Probably my biggest Largemouth Bass from Lake Florence.

Another Largemouth Bass from Lake Florence. I was catching them really well before sunrise! And, of course, the wife was sleeping; thus, she was totally fine with it! Heh.

Kayaking and exploring the Lake Florence.

A photo of my father at the Lake Buena Vista (Disney). We were so tempted to fish there, but it's illegal! There were so many Largemouth Bass and Sunfish around! It was crazy! 

A bird sunbathing to dry its wings. 

Our backyard in Winterhaven, FL. We had a nice pool and the Lake was literally at the back of the house.

We had a nice dock to fish at.

Once again -- looks like a Bluegill to me; however, I am still not sure of it! If you think that this may be something different, please e-mail me at sheng12182527@gmail.com

Best of luck to all of us! 

Long Days and Pleasant Nights,

Sincerely,

Leo S.

0 comments:

Post a Comment