July Fishing Sessions: 07/23 - Multi-Species the Non-Tidal Schuylkill River for Whatever Bites (Philadelphia, PA)

Hello, fellas! 

I'm bringing you my fishing session for July 23rd:

--- July 23rd, 2015 ---

Location: Non-tidal Schuylkill River (Philadelphia, PA)
Time: 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.

Fishes caught:

-- 5 Bluegill (Lepomis macrochirus)
-- 1 Redbreast Sunfish (Lepomis auritus)
-- 1 Green Sunfish (Lepomis cyanellus)
-- 5 Smallmouth Bass (Micropterus dolomieu)
-- 1 Largemouth Bass (Micropterus salmoides)

P.s. As much as I want to bring you guys FULL fishing reports of every trip that I do, unfortunately I don't have the time to do so! Thus, the goal, setup, and summary sessions of every fishing post will be blank for now. If you want to see full fishing reports on the Blog again, please support me on my Patreon page. Once I reach my goal there, I will not only have enough time to write full reports, but also didactic posts and event posts for better community engagement. Tight lines and FISH ON! Leo S.

Video:

Below are the highlights for this fishing session:

In this video, my friend John L. and I catch different Species of fish on the non-tidal Schuylkill River. Don't forget to watch it in HD quality (1080p50)! If you enjoy watching my videos, please support my YouTube Channel by liking and subscribing. :)

Additionally, this was the day when I got interviewed for the Philadelphia Inquirer newspaper. Heh. The article on "urban fishing" came out on August 3rd. The hyperlink for it is here. Mad props to Madeline Conway for her professionalism and superb writing skills! 

Goal:

---

Setup:

---

Summary:

---

Photos:

Below are the photos for this fishing session:

My friend John L. with a small Smallmouth Bass from the non-tidal Schuylkill River

The plan for the day was to do some Carp fishing. Heh. However, only a tiny Channel Catfish showed up. 

"Things that you don't see when you stay at home:" Interesting phenomenon right here. 

Same as above, zoomed out.

Waiting for the Common Carp along the banks of Kelly Drive

Jumbo sized Bluegill from the Skuke! Wow!

What I think was a Spotted Bass from the Schuylkill River. However, since I didn't check its mouth for tooth patches, I am taking it as a Largemouth Bass. Sigh...

Best of luck to all of us,

Long Days and Pleasant Nights,

Sincerely,

Leo S.

0 comments:

Post a Comment