August Fishing Sessions: 08/24 - Exploring and Fishing the Runnemede Lake & Surroundings (Runnemede, NJ)

What's up, Blog Readers?!

It's been quite a while since the last update, hasn't it? Well...the good news is that the excuse hasn't changed yet -- I am still unable to get up to date with all the social media due to lack of time (time is such a commodity nowadays). The bad news is that I am still 1 month behind the schedule on the fishing Blog! In other words...today is September 28th; however, I'm bringing you my fishing session post for August 24th. I will try my best to complete my August fishing posts in the next 2 days or so.

I am constantly working on minimizing this delay on the fishing Blog; however, my best recommendation for all readers here is to catch up on my Facebook Page and YouTube Channel. Since my YouTube Channel is my main source of income from the fishing side nowadays, I am constantly updating it with new fishing contents. So, make sure to stop by and check out where have I been to recently. :)

Also, I would like to give a gigantic shout out to Rob Z., David M., and Zachary H. -- these folks have recently donated to Extreme Philly Fishing through the PayPal button on the right tab of the page. Thank you VERY MUCH for supporting my work, and please notice that every single cent of your donations will go towards fishing! For now, my main goal is to save and purchase a GoPro Hero 4, so that I can start making videos in the range of 1080p60 HD quality. Of course the donations also help with my google storage fees and overall fishing tackle. Thus, once again -- many thanks to you guys!  

Finally and sadly, I have to announce that the 7th Catfish Tourney on the Banks is officially cancelled. You may read more about it here. As an event organizer, I have learned my lesson and next time I am sending my event permit out through certified mail. Sigh...

Okay...here is my fishing report for August 24th:

---  August 24th, 2015 ---

Location: Runnemede Lake/Big Timber Creek
Time: 11:30 a.m. -- 3:00 p.m.

Fishes caught:

-- 8 Bluegill (Lepomis macrochirus)
-- 18 Green Sunfish X Bluegill Hybrid (Lepomis cyanellus X Lepomis macrochirus)
-- 1 Pumpkinseed (Lepomis gibbosus)
-- 1 Redbreast Sunfish (Lepomis auritus)
-- 3 Largemouth Bass (Micropterus salmoides)
-- 1 Green Sunfish (Lepomis cyanellus)

Video:

Below are the highlights for this fishing session:

Fishing at the Runnemede Lake starts at 5:35. Don't forget to watch it in HD quality (1080p50)! If you enjoy watching my videos, please support my YouTube Channel by liking and subscribing to it. More likes and more subscribes = more videos in the future. :)

Goal:

The main goal for the day was to explore the Runnemede Lake for different Species of fish, as well as the Big Timber Creek (right across the street).

Setup:


(1) a Gamakatsu Octopus Hook with a 3" Gary Yamamoto Senko and sometimes a Berkley Power Worm.
(3) a size #10 Eagle claw hook with a Trout Magnet.

Summary:

Subscribers on YouTube had been asking me to explore and fish some other waters in southern New Jersey. Thus, I dropped my well known fishing locations for some exploration! One of my subscribers -- Nino -- recommended me the Runnemede Lake in Runnemede, NJ. I google mapped it and hopped on the NJ Transit 400 Bus the next day! 

Upon arrival, I was quite perplexed. At first glance, shoreline access of the Runnemede Lake was very limited. Across the street from it was the Big Timber Creek; however, access to it was also very limited! Thankfully, I was able to find much more shore access after looking a little bit harder. Heh.

I started the day with a beautiful Largemouth Bass in the range of 1.5lbs, caught on a 3" Gary Yamamoto Senko. Landing the fish was a little bit of a challenge (as seen in the video), since there was a lot of vegetation between the fish and I. Thus, it was very rewarding for me after I had it in my hands. Hah.

After catching my first Species of fish, I decided to downsize my bait for smaller Species of fish. I switched the Senko to a 1" Gulp! Minnow on a 1/64 oz. Trout Magnet jighead, all under a weighted float, finishing the Runnemede Lake with a bunch of Bluegill and stocked Bluegill X Green Sunfish Hybrid. Meanwhile, I also hopped to the Big Timber Creek across the street for a couple casts, where I landed a variety of sunfish: a Pumpkinseed, a Redbreast Sunfish, and a pure breed Green Sunfish. 

With the remaining of my time, I decided to fish the Runnemede Lake on the bottom. However, I ended up not having a single bite all the way down! Little I knew that the same Runnemede Lake actually had a fish kill back in the days. I also had no idea that the Runnemede Lake used to be referred to as "Hirsch Lake." The fish kill was certainly a bummer! No wonder I didn't see any Carp swimming around.

I finished my fishing session around 3:00 p.m. with 5 different Species of fish -- a successful day for Multi-Species fishing in South New Jersey.

Photos:

Below are the photos for this fishing session:

A scenic view of the Big Timber Creek in Runnemede, NJ.

First Largemouth Bass of the day! Senkos never disappoint. Heh. :)

A gorgeous sample of a hybrid between a Bluegill and a Green Sunfish

A pure breed Bluegill from the Runnemede Lake.

A Pumpkinseed from the Big Timber Creek.

A Redbreast Sunfish from the Runnemede Creek. Noticed the 1" Gulp! Minnow hanging from its mouth? Those things work really well for micro-species. 

And, of course, a pure breed Green Sunfish from the Big Timber Creek. My first one ever from there. :)

Best of luck to all of us,

Long Days and Pleasant Nights,

Sincerely,

Leo S.

0 comments:

Post a Comment